Thank you for attending the Association Events Summit 2019.
Holding a Successful Joint Conference with an Asia Pacific Counterpart
In April 2019, Australian Rheumatology Association (ARA) combined their Annual Scientific Meeting with the Asia Pacific League of Association for Rheumatology at Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre. ARA President Dave Nicholls will share thoughts on the:
- Financial arrangements required in advance
- Logistical challenges to meet the needs of the two associations
- Marketing plans to meet the attendance and participation outcomes
- Technical content to suit carrying level of expertise
Associate Professor Dave Nicholls, President, Australian Rheumatology Association
The Past, Present and Future Event Manager
A career in event management is not without its challenges. Creating and producing a successful event requires a multitude of skills and can involve long hours. This panel will discuss the:
- Skill requirements and career progression of an event manager
- Difficulties in maintaining a work/life balance
- Roles and responsibilities of holding a management level position
Exhibitions – Growth, Success and Lessons Learned
Exhibitions can be a critical part of an association conference, they deliver a key hub for delegates, create the opportunity to showcase your industry and stakeholders and have the potential to increase the overall revenue of the event. Although attractive on paper, they can, however, deliver their challenges.
Julie Hood will present on the model APPEA has developed over the past decade, give examples of what has been successful and what has not! From a 12 booth expo to a 5 hall show, there will be a takeaway for everyone in this presentation.
Julie Hood, Director – Events & Member Relations, Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association (APPEA)